Short Stories from Vine Prompts

Introduction
Today in creative writing, we had to write three short stories based off the prompts we were given in the form of vines. Here are my stories, along with the vine-prompts used to write them. They are not complete because we had to quickly write one after another.

Vine #1
Every day, going on is getting increasingly difficult. With his family, friends, and, well, everyone gone, he has no reason to go on. He actually has a reason not to go on. His stomach growls, his body aches. Several times he has tried to kill himself, no one of those times being successful. He gave up on suicide a long time ago. Now he just walks, on and on, across crumbling bridges, through acid puddles and bloodied corpses.

Vine #2

Ten Free Things I am Thankful for:

• I guess I am thankful for my parents love, which came free to me when I was born.
  • I am thankful for my friends, who make me happy and give me someone to talk to.
  • I am thankful for Soundcloud, a website where I can get free (and probably pirated) music off the internet.

Vine #3
The Aurora lights mystify me. Their flashing green and pink colors remind me of a fruit, but which fruit I cannot remember. Did it taste good? Saliva floods my mouth. Yes, it must have been delicious. Suddenly, a sharp pain shoots up through my body. I let out a scream and my knees buckle underneath me. THUMP.

2 thoughts on “Short Stories from Vine Prompts

1. Vine 1: I loved the story behind it, the story went very well with the video and I felt that i was the guy who was having problems. It had great describing words and that helped understand what was going on. You never told me he was going through problems, you used show don’t tell.
    Vine 2:
    This one is hard to comment on but i liked the thought that was put into this and i did some of the same one so i can relate. I just have 1 question, i only saw 3 ideas and wondering where the other 7 are…
    Vine 3:
    The summary was perfect it was just like the picture when i read it my mind went right to that picture. Great job on the story i felt like you had great description of the plot. My favorite part was:

Did it taste good? Saliva floods my mouth

2. wow Ellie, that first Vine was really sad, I mean in my vine I made is dark but you… SUICIDE! Ya you are dark defiantly a good way to get a reader curios though, what is he so sad about? The third vine also caught my attention, I so want to read more! Like who attacked him and where is he, very good in media ras!